CVS Access for COMUnitThis page describes how to get set up with WinCVS so that you can download the latest code snapshots from the CVS servers on SourceForge. You can also browse the contents of the CVS servers here.
Checking out COMUnit
- Download and install WinCVS
- Create a new folder that you would like to check out the COMUnit source to (i.e. 'd:\dev\COMUnit')
- Start WinCVS
- From the menu bar, select View->Browse Location->Change and, in the open dialog, browse to the folder that you just created
- From the menu bar, select Admin->Preferences and fill in the form copying the field values from the image below:
- Test the settings by selecting Admin->Login. When the dialog prompts for a password comes up, just hit enter. You should see '*****CVS exited normally with code 0*****' appear in the Output window (at the bottom of the screen).
- Now, select Checkout Module from the Create menu. Enter 'comunit' in the Module Name textbox. Ensure that the path to the folder that you created is specified in the Local Folder textbox. Before you click OK, select the Globals tab and ensure that the 'Checkout read-only' checkbox is de-selected.
- Once you click OK, you should see a lot of activity in the Output window as all the files are pulled down from the server. Once you see the '*****CVS exited normally with code 0*****' message, you've got the latest source from CVS.
- As a final step, I would recommend saving your settings so that they will be loaded every time you want to access the project. Select Browse->Save Settings and hit the OK button.
Getting the latest from COMUnitOnce you have checked out the COMUnit module from CVS, you should periodically update your copy in order to get the latest changes. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Start WinCVS and ensure that the folder that you created to hold the COMUnit source is the root folder in the file tree.
- Select the folder that you want to update (typically you should select the root folder) and hit Ctrl-U.
- From the Update Preferences dialog, select the 'Create missing directories' checkbox. You may also want to select the 'Get clean copy' checkbox if you want to overwrite any changed files.
- Click OK, and you will see the list of files being updated in the Output window.
Page updated: 2002-09-18